- Longevity. LED bulbs are very different from standard light bulbs. They don't burn out and stop working like a standard bulb. LED bulbs and diodes have an outstanding operational lifetime expectancy of up to 100,000 hours, which typically translates into 11 years of continuous operation. Replacing your current golf cart light kit with an LED kit means that you may never have to change the bulbs again.
- Energy Efficiency. The estimated energy efficiency of an LED bulb is 80%-90% greater than a traditional light bulb. This means that 80% of the electrical energy that is produced is converted into light, while the remaining percentage is lost in other forms of energy, such as heat. Because they operate more efficiently, they draw less from your battery pack, preserving the life of your batteries.
- Environmentally Friendly. LED light bulbs are free of toxic chemicals and are 100% recyclable, allowing you to reduce your carbon footprint. Standard light bulbs contain toxic materials such as mercury and are dangerous to our environment.
- Durability. LEDs are very durable and are resistant to shock, vibrations and impact, making them the perfect choice for golf carts. LED bulbs are built with sturdy components that are highly rugged.
- Resistance to Temperature Fluctuation. Low temperatures may cause issues with operation and present a challenge with standard light bulbs. LEDs are ideal for operation in a wide range of temperatures, even in below freezing conditions.
Although LED golf cart light kits are priced a bit higher than traditional light kits, they are made with more durable materials and delivered with LED bulbs. A light kit that produces increased light dispersement and less draw on batteries is favorable over traditional light kits. When it is time to change a damaged light kit, or you are looking for a stylish upgrade for your cart, choosing an LED kit is the best choice.